- The Most Important Statistic of Biden’s Presidencyby Susan Glasser, The New Yorker on September 17, 2021 at 7:56 pm
President Biden is moving on. His “summer of freedom” from COVID didn’t work out. His politically popular end to the U.S. war in Afghanistan resulted in the return of the Taliban to power and a chaotic U.S. withdrawal that left behind tens of thousands of Afghan allies, whose lives are now in danger. His poll numbers have dropped so low that, as Politico’s Playbook noted, on Thursday morning, his approval rating now hovers at that of Gerald Ford at this point in his Presidency, and just above that of Donald Trump.
- Biden’s Great Unravelingby Roger Kimball, The Spectator on September 17, 2021 at 7:53 pm
The Great Unraveling started as Biden’s economic policies stepped like a rhinoceros into the dinghy of the American economy
- California Says ‘No,’ Rebukes Republican Subterfugeby Sasha Abramsky, The Nation on September 17, 2021 at 7:51 pm
In a thorough rebuke of Republican subterfuge, voters overwhelmingly rejected the attempted recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
- CRT Distracts From Academic Underachievementby Woodson & Rowe, Newsweek on September 17, 2021 at 7:49 pm
With a new school year underway, parents, teachers and children anxiously return to classrooms amidst an ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- The Meaning of Constitution Dayby The 1776 Commission on September 17, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Sept. 17th is a day of celebration and pride. Two hundred and thirty-four years ago on this date, 39 delegates from throughout the fledgling United States signed our Constitution, uniting a diverse population into one nation, bound together by common principles and a deep reverence for liberty.