- Biden’s Fiscal (and Other) Folliesby Hugo Gurdon, Washington Examiner on May 7, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Conservatives don’t have a monopoly on gloom and doom. For confirmation of this, one need only look at the Malthusian Left’s repeated, and repeatedly mistaken, predictions that global warming, now known as climate change, is about to extinguish life on Earth.
- Facebook Should Make Trump’s Ban Permanentby Ezekiel Emanuel, CNN on May 7, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Facebook’s Oversight Board has upheld the site’s decision to restrict former President Donald Trump’s access to posting content on his Facebook page and Instagram account, given that “the risks of allowing President Trump to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great.” However, Facebook and the Board should go farther and institute a permanent ban of Trump’s account. The risks inherent in allowing Trump to have a Facebook account remain: if he uses it to stoke Covid-19 misinformation his postings could indirectly contribute to hundreds — if not thousands — of deaths.
- Has Censorship Become Our Baseline Expectation?by Abigail Shrier, The Truth Fairy on May 7, 2021 at 8:26 pm
For America’s Journalistic Inquisitors–it’s free speech that’s surprising
- The Movement for Police and Prison Abolitionby Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, New Yorker on May 7, 2021 at 8:26 pm
The murder of George Floyd last spring provoked an unprecedented outpouring of protests, and a rare national reckoning with both racism and police violence. Public officials across the country pledged police reform. On April 20th, Derek Chauvin, the officer who knelt on Floyd’s neck for more than nine minutes, was found guilty of murder. It is rare for police to be prosecuted, let alone punished.
- A Blueprint for Fighting Critical Race Theory in Schoolsby Dana Loesch, Newsweek on May 7, 2021 at 8:25 pm
On Saturday, parents of various ethnicities, faiths and ideologies scored a victory against Marxist critical race theory in highly publicized school board races in the Dallas suburb of Southlake. Organized and conscientious parents voted in new board members committed to resisting left-wing indoctrination with landslides of nearly 70 percent. As parents across the country fight back against attempts to institutionalize critical race theory in their children’s schools, Southlake developed a blueprint for winning back our school districts.